Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A portal

While last Tuesday was the Solstice, this past Saturday we experienced a partial lunar eclipse.  Eclipses are pretty powerful no matter when they occur, and astrologers call them 'portals'.  I see them functioning as black holes since they draw energies into intense action for change, deconstruction, and transformation of all kinds.

Astrology to some is a lark, and those who study astrology get labeled bad fortune tellers sometimes.  I myself see it as the perfect balanced alignment between science and art.  The science of reading the sky is interpreted many different ways, and each astrologer offers something unique.  My fav as of late is Divine Harmony, and I always love the humor and insight of Rob Brezney.  (I miss his columns in NYC!) 

As a portal for change, eclipses can bring quickening energy, so like a black hole which sucks things toward it and gets faster the closer you get to it, the days and months prior to the eclipse can do the same.  Perhaps you have felt some kind of transit as far back as January or February of this year?  I know I did.  For me, I'm into anything that offers insight and empowerment in making more conscious choices that will assist the changes.  The yoga of astrology!

While eclipses can be so potent, disorienting even because they move things quickly, what's great to remember is the teaching of purna.  Purna is sanskrit for 'fullness' or 'completeness', and refers to the 100 percent-ness of our nature.   Whatever our soul or life needs, we are sufficiently suited to serve that change, even if things move at rapid pace.  The changes on the outside may seem 'good' or
'bad', but dealing with a your own rebirth or metaphoric death is where yoga steps in.  Purna teaches that we have what it takes to assist the flow, and deal with the results.  At this time, we're all being asked to step up into the next level.  Ushered there by nature, its hard to ignore. 

ps - total eclipse of the sun happens on July 11th.  A potent day of rebirth for me.  More soon.

check out Divine Harmony's blog:  inharmonyastrology.blogspot.com

No comments: