Tuesday, June 22, 2010

momentum

Today will be a day in New York history when 10,000 +  align and entrain on the Great Lawn in Central Park for a yoga class and other performances marking the Summer Solstice.   Created by Flavorpill, they tell us that the registered number is up to 12,5k already, but knowing new yorkers with busy lives and the forecast predicting thunderstorms, it may shrivel to the original number of 10k.  Still... woa!  The convergence of that much shakti will surely bring ripples of something through our sultry streets.  I'm so excited to be assisting this event, and the buzz has been building for weeks (now, days).  Collective consciousness, New York style.  Gotta love it.

The Solstice is the middle of the year, the height of light beaming down upon us, and like a birthday of sorts.  I treat it as a time to see where I've been placing momentum, and see if its serving me.  I do that on birthdays too, since it allows perspective for where I'm going.  Since Solstice is primarily when nature is also at its fullest and we experience the longest day of the year, there's a natural pull to move, to be outside, to love!  The question is, what's moving?  Is it the right thing moving for you at this time?

There is a Buddhist saying "The cart will follow the ox", and it's about momentum.  You'll go where your mind is going, and patterns are there because you've put time and energy there.   Force fields entrain, and the higher frequency field of thought, word, or action will always lead the weaker one.  So on this Solstice, I'm looking at what I've been focusing on, and asking myself, does it still serve?

I'm stoked that Anusara Yoga is headlining this event through Elena Brower's voice, presence and sweet bhavana.    I can think of no one better skilled to hold the space for the New York yoga community to align with our highest intentions at this critical time in our global economy, politics, and environmental concerns.   Lets do it people - set the tone from here on out and guide your cart in the direction for greater harmony and love.  One Om.  10,000 people. 

oh, and my parents will be here.  Another monumental event! 

om namahshivaya

No comments: